Easy Quality Education for Everyone
To Educational organizations DesnaStudio assists with developing, maintenance and legacy support.
Problems we solve:
- Upgrade old educational programs if this is possible due to programming language and other technologies;
- Rebuild/redesign old programs (manually);
- Create user friendly and well maintained E-learning products from the stretch following clients requirements and corporate style;
- Bug fixing and support of old programs.
Opportunity to get education remotely is one of the greatest achievements of our times.
Here in Desna each of us has own experience of distance learning – online courses, trainings, lectures, and seminars. Some of us were on both sides – students and coaches.
get a free quote
Most common requirements to E-learning products:
1. Program has to be user-friendly what means it has to be understandable for the concrete category of users it is created for and we can’t ignore objective characteristics of the target category.
For example people suffering from certain diseases, such as vision problems need interface which could help them to ensure higher productivity of work with the program.
2. Security. All customers’ information is very sensitive for each educational organization and sometimes we have not only follow all lot requirements but create other separate tools to support security of the processes. Example – anonymizer we created for one of the projects in Healthcare area that is also used for storing data of the students. (We created this tool in partnership with our colleagues from the Netherlands.)
NDA can protect circulating data between developers BUT it also must be protected of external inbreaks.
3. Educational program must be prepared to perform with high loads and this must be tested before release by competent QA testing engineers and tools – LoadRunner, JMeter, LoadUI, Selenium scripts (to check UI under additional load).
4. The program should solve business problems and achieve business purposes – if this is required online payment should be correctly integrated and meets all the security and UI requirements.
5. The program should increase amount of users and meets modern requirements rather than complicate the learning process.
TO BE SURE the program will be easy-to-use, we often start with MVP (Minimum Viable Product) allows to get meaningful feedback from users, understand what they really like or not and do not spend resources for unnecessary functionality. Literally this means you will start with minimum of required options and will add new later when verify users behavior.
get a free quote
Desna develops both SaaS and individual web services and often engage professional QA testing engineers to verify not only technical part of the project but usability as well.
First of all each educational organization wants to grow the amount of users. Based on this, we must build analysis of factors like
- Target category
- Disciplines are taught
- How learning processes are built
Below we describe several items we use on the requirements analysis and project planning stage. These steps can be different from project to project.
1. To understand the program idea.
Only through understanding of client’s business processes and its position in the market you can create a new great service or improve an existing one. Here are some key ideas on how to understand this quickly:
2. To make competitor analysis.
To compile a list of basic design ideas and how it will help the client’s business
to study more about clients’ history, how this organization was created and when, how it works and who works there.
3. To understand and identify the main tasks and goals.
Try to learn an educational theme/ course and create a project map.
Identify the information we want to submit and the functions that should work. Create a project scheme/ draft without any design.
Then we analyze a purpose of each page and each page’s section matching them with content that should be published. Estimate usability.
4. To define UI/UX and the main program logic.
Everything that has a business logic can be developed. But we should discuss and confirm UI/UX and user story.
We negotiate with the customer about the interface and make very simple mockups: simple static interface sketches, they don’t have any drawing or dynamics details, and this is not actually a finished design, it is only an appearance of the pages. And this is not prototype. We just want to agree main ideas of the service.
5. To make a stress test for the program’s logic
to cut all the unnecessary things. This item is especially important when clients don’t want to start with MVP, so this stage shouldn’t be underestimated.
How we do this: test the program idea/logic between our team members and then with clients. Sometimes we involve independent testers. All actions on the website/service/platform should be clear.
User journey has to be comfortable and engage people to return.
Sometimes auditory leaves even most progressive (from the first sight) platforms – just because they are “not friendly enough”.
Often E-learning system has to be integrated with the customer’s internal systems such as staff accounting system, ERP-system, corporate email system, etc.
Feel free to ping Desna Studio in order to get more information/ quote.
Our team policy does not allow sending unnecessary follow ups, we are looking for new partners in E-learning area.
Our approach to make education accessible and convenient for everybody and from everywhere.
send an email to lexy (at) desnasystems.com